We love the pelvis and we love seeing you get back to what you love to do.
At Indigo Physiotherapy, our pelvic physical therapy team will provide ongoing collaboration with our client's entire care team of choice, including medical doctors, wellness and alternative care providers. Our emphasis is on whole-body, therapeutic approaches in a calming, one-on-one private room for treatments, and large, open studio space for running evaluations, exercise, and a host of classes and support groups to elevate health for all genders, fertility care, prenatal care and pelvic health, and postpartum pelvic health.
Pudendal neuralgia, vulvodynia, vaginismus, painful intercourse/penetration, vestibulitis, dyspareunia, muscle spasm, endometriosis, painful bladder syndrome, general pelvic girdle pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic congestion, post surgical pain, pudendal nerve entrapment, nerve pain, referred groin and pelvic pain from hip labral tear injury, pelvic pain related to trauma/PTSD/sexual trauma, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, pain from tearing, episiotomy or birth injury, proctalgia fugax, and more.
Painful intercourse, osteoporosis prevention and management through specialized therapeutic exercise, pelvic floor weakness/incontinence.
Dilator therapy for vaginal stenosis/narrowing, breast cancer, uterine cancer, vulvovaginal, colorectal cancer treatment of scar tissue, pain and dysfunction, return to exercise post cancer, axillary cord syndrome, lymphedema management, and more.
Abdominal sports injuries, Diastasis Recti, Digestive disorders, constipation, female and male pelvic pain, endometriosis, back pain, incontinence, testicular pain, spinal dysfunction, neck pain, post-operative scar tissue, shoulder pain, abdominal pain, hormonal imbalances.
Chronic pain, deconditioning, movement/ postural retraining, changes associated with pregnancy and postpartum, gait abnormalities, sports injuries, repetitive injuries.
- Myofascial techniques
- Manual therapy: examples include joint mobilization, soft tissue massage, resolution of neural tension
- Techniques to reduce pain and muscle tension: diaphragmatic breathing, mindful meditation, guided imagery, visualization
- Muscle re-training, strengthening, therapeutic exercise, core strengthening
- Downtraining, muscle re-education, graded motor imagery
- Self-care education to promote anatomical knowledge, autonomy in healing and understanding of one’s own diagnosis and prognosis
- Therapeutic yoga and exercise, return to sport/activities
- Peripheral neuromuscular facilitation
- Balance & coordination training, gait training
- Internal and external techniques focusing on the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and fascial systems
- Return to run
- Return to sport, return to yoga/mat exercise, return to high level lifting
- High level performing and professional athletes
- Holistic physical therapy practices
- Preparing your body for, during, and recovering from pregnancy and delivery
- Scar tissue mobilization/release
- Visceral mobilization
- Gait analysis, movement analysis